HOW TO BECOME A FOSTER PARENT
By contacting our office to let us know your interest, we will then schedule an orientation.
The orientation will consist of the following:
Introduction, who we are, JC Family Services objectives, Foster Parent objectives, benefits of being a foster parent, a tour of the office, meeting staff, and owners. Once you complete the orientation and decide that you want to become a foster parent, you will be required to attend pre-certification training.
You will be required to complete a County Foster Parent application. The process will consist of a county, FBI and State background check, and CPR certification. This approval process will take a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks. During this period, we will schedule an in-home study to ensure you meet the foster care requirements.
Once the above application and qualification processes are complete, you will be ready to receive your foster child and on your way to making a positive difference in a child’s life.
JC FAMILY SERVICES FOSTER FAMILY SUPPORT
- Specialized Training: Ongoing in-service training and child-specific training on caring for children with special needs.
- Dedicated Support Staff: A case worker will be assigned to your family and will meet with you on a monthly basis or as often as needed and will be readily available by phone.
- Respite Care: You may need a chance to recharge and relax, so once you give us notice that you need an afternoon off or an extended weekend or vacation, we have respite care providers to take care of the youth.
- 24 Hour Support: Our staff is available by phone for support and consultation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Monthly, Non Taxable Income: Specialized foster parents receive a tax-free monthly stipend that is higher than traditional foster care parents.